Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMS 13 through Mavericks Firewall?

This topic is 3782 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have FMS 13 setup on a Mac Mini server running OS X Mavericks 10.8.5.  I would like enable the firewall.  What Apps do I need to add as exceptions so that I can access the FMS console and open the databases from other computers on my LAN?

Thanks

Bruce

Note:  This is a brand new Mac Mini and  I "assumed" it was running Mavericks.  I noticed that the version number for the OS matched my Mac Book Pro running Mountain Lion.  So I checked and it is running Mountain Lion.  The question is the same,  how to enable the Firewall for FMS 13.

Thanks

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

I'm guessing it's 10.8.5 based on the other post?

10.8 has two firewalls, the one in the preference is the Application firewall, the other one does not have a UI (terminal command for it is "pf").

Probably the easiest way of doing this if you want to is shut down FMS, run FMP as a host and let OSX add the exception for you then close FMP and start FMS again.  That may just open port 5003 and allow the traffic to FMS.

This is one area where I think OSX is not very "server" friendly.

If you want to play with the underlying pf firewall there are 3rd party utilities that put a UI around it, like IceFloor.  But there are also known issues with those.

This topic is 3782 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.