Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Best way to select a text in iPad

This topic is 3760 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

As I've been marveled at the little size of my knowledge and at the willingness to help available in this forum, I'd like to make a simple question that, although not totally fmp, is going to help on it.

I have a database of read articles. My articles are stored completely, and I highlight portions of them. "Comment", from this forum, helped my way out on implementing background color in it, using a GetAsCss (full link: http://fmforums.com/forum/topic/90644-workflow-fromtext-color-to-highlighted-background-incl-print/), and it was amazing, but I want one more thing yet.

I'd like to know what is the easiest way to highlight something in a usable way to fmp. When I was unfamiliar with databases, and stored my articles as pdfs, I used to highlight them on uPad for iPad (which is very useful, btw). But, now, this solution does not fit my needs anymore, as I store my articles in a database.

What I want, in short, is to know the best way to highlight something. In fmp, I made some scripts that change the color of the selected text (which work pretty well), but I would get Repetitive strain injury from all the click, select, cmd+1. In the iPad, I could use a stylus and just use it as a pen.

What I thought would be possible is some sort of app that allowed me to easily tag parts of a .doc or .txt. Then, I could import it to fmp and script it to make as I'd like. But is there an app for that?

Outline for iPad does a great job on the highlighting (you draw a line, it identifies the words selected and highlight it), but it doesn't meet my needs, specially considering that it doesn't support my full articles. Idea was to read on the go in the iPad and later put all in the fmp.

Maybe I couldn't make myself clear. I have the scripts to change the selection, or to tag, or to do anything I want with a mouse and keyboard. What I'd like is a way to apply the script in the iPad (maybe there is something in fmgo that I'm missing), in a more easy-to-use way (like, pass the stylus/finger over and it gets the correct tags.

thanks for all the help and attention.

What I thought would be possible is some sort of app that allowed me to easily tag parts of a .doc or .txt. Then, I could import it to fmp and script it to make as I'd like. But is there an app for that?

The Filemaker Help manual states, "FileMaker Go only supports importing from one FileMaker Pro file to another FileMaker Pro file."

This topic is 3760 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.