Server Maintenance This Week. ×

SuperContainer Companion plugin Mavericks & FileMaker 13 compatible?

This topic is 3742 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Getting really weird results from copying file from SuperContainer to local user where the file becomes renamed as "filename=ThisFile.pdf", but I'm not specifying a filename at all. When I try to force the function to use the "filename" key=value pair, it does nothing.  Can anyone else recreate this? Works fine on earlier versions of FileMaker and OSX.

I am having this same result (or pretty similar) as we migrate an older server to Mavericks, FM 13 Server install. Machine is an xServer running Mavericks, Filemaker 13.0.1 installed, deployed as a 2 machine install, Supercontainer 2.89 had to be manually installed on the server as the install script would not run in mavericks. I suspect there is a 32 bit issue here. 

Filenames for me look like "filename=_actualfilename.pdf_

Oddly enough the file sizes match like it is exporting the data, but the file is totally unusable, and unrecognizable. 

This is important for me to find a fix for this as the system goes live in a couple days and we were supposed to have all the data migrated to the native filemaker container by then.... tick tock ;-)

Anybody else... I'm currently looking at issues potentially on the server side. Since it was manually installed... that could be part of my problem.

I installed both the server side and client plugins from the 2.89 download. 

I have a number of things curious. Supercontainer doesn't seem to play nice with a dual machine install (it's wants the web server on the same machine is the server install package) moving it to the second worker machine seems to cause grief. The SC package also looks for Java 6.x whereas I've got 7.45 installed. 

This could potentially be a problem, still looking deeper into that one. 

Ok I did get this to work, rather unprofessionally I might add due to my rush and time constraints. However... 

I found I couldn't use scgetcontainer to create a relative url (after setting base url). Instead just pulled the string as text. Doing this gave me the string which I could then apply some formulas to to remove the filename=" and the trailing ".

Given that I was able to complete the cycling script to perform what the SC functions would normally do all contained. 

Try doing this if you've having troubles with the file name issue in FM 13 and SC.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

This issue is usually due to a mis-match between the SuperContainer Companion plugin version and the SuperContainer server version. You posted that your server and client-side plugins are from the 2.89 download, but is your SuperContainer server also v2.89?

This topic is 3742 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.