Ghost Tooltips in Browse

LaRetta

This topic is 3778 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I cannot take a picture of the ghosts ... every time I touch my Mac they disappear.  But they exist in 13 sometimes when I hover above an object. 

These tooltips which display in browse mode about how to design while in layout mode are not ones put there by me.   :cry:

Several times while attempting to capture the image of the hovering tooltip, they have disappeared and I could not get the EXACT message and I should think the exact message would be important in searching through code to find the break so finally ... today ... I just wrote it down instead of trying to capture it:

Choose an outer shadow effect for the objects

New file, no tooltips. Browse mode.  Ghost?  Or do I need another vacation?  :laugh2:

LaRetta,

Your last post about sorting was scarier, but both posts point out worrisome issues. I've yet to start a new file in 13. However I'm 100% positive that I've had at least one field change without me or anyone else having a hand in it. I posted about this a while ago. A summary field changed from running total to total all by itself. I just deployed FMS yesterday and my hands are full as you may imagine. I'd feel a lot better if I didn't need to hunt for ghosts! Checking a couple of hundred scripts for server compatibility is enough for this evening thank you.

Rick.

LOL, not to worry, Rick.  This is version 1 and I am confident anything which they feel is a bug will be fixed.  I bring it up not to instill fear over 13 but rather to inform and (probably) make FMI aware if they aren't already.  But I prefer voicing my issues here so others can point out my blind spots or support my findings or even as you've done, express concerns.

I am counting heavily on portals on popovers in Web Direct and I am designing expecting it to be fixed when ready to release.  I have been working extensively in 13 for many months now and I would not hesitate in suggesting the move forward.  

BTW, this is not a bug.  It is a minor display issue and of no concern anyway.  I mention it only because all oddities should be mentioned so they can be fixed.

Also, about your summary issue ... I do not doubt it is possible.  After your post, I have made note but now we need substantive evidence so I have been watching for it in my work and watching for it in all online venues.  The fact that List Of was a new option added in summaries means that the portion of code was probably changed so it is possible but I have so far been unable to replicate it.

There are reasons for everything and I do not close doors on any possibilities.

This topic is 3778 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.