Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Show two decimal places only if they are not zeros

Musoguy

This topic is 3758 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi folks,

Have a Filemaker 11 question. Is it possible to set the formatting of a number field to only show decimals if they exist? What I mean is I know under formatting data I can set it to decimal and set fixed number of decimals to two. However if the number is a whole number it will show .00 after it, which is to be expected. However I would rather it did not as the number is a percentage (I can't make the field a percentage field for a number of reasons). The "Do not display number if zero" option only seems to come into play if the entire number is 0. Creating a "Round" calculation won't work as the number needs to be the complete number for other calculations in the solution to work, but the user does not need to see the whole string of numbers. I know I could do a workaround by adding a calc field infront of the main field, disallow field entry and conditionally format it and the main field, but I was wondering if there is a native function I am overlooking as there are a number of these fields and I'd rather not add a bunch of extra fields if i don't have to?

James

This topic is 3758 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.