Removing an object border

Hijack

This topic is 3773 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've been trying to set a slide control to be completely invisible.  I have set the background to None and the line width to None.  In my mind, that would mean the slide controls should not be visible.  But, I can still see a hairline black border for the object.  No combination of attributes (same colors for background & border color of part background, transparent attributes on background and border, etc) seem to get rid of that black border.  Am I missing a control somewhere?  I have seen this on other object behavior (tab control & web viewer) since v12.

Any hint to a solution would be awe-some.

Thanks

Hi Hijack from Indiana!

There are two styles for slide Control.  See Appearance > Style.  The first is the Control which you can set the lines.  The second is the panel and you can also set the lines there.  Be sure both are set to None.

If those are done and still nada then I suspect Windows.  With version 12, I was Windows the first half and Mac the second and I do not recall seeing this issue at all.  So when I say I suspect Windows, it might be the Windows version?

You might try this:  Create a new layout based upon Enlightened theme.  Add a new slide control.  In Inspector, go to Styles tab and (while selecting slide control) change it to 'minimal.  It should completely disappear except for the dots.  Does it work for you?

LaRetta,

You may be right about it being a Windows interface issue.  I opened the DB in Go 13 and the border is invisible on the object.  Grrrrrrrr......  Thanks for the reply!

This topic is 3773 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.