Forcing field formats

This topic is 8432 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

In my main entry layout for example the company name is formatted with a font size of 18. In other layouts that I want in list view I want the company field to show a 10 font size to match all the other fields. In the second layout I go to field format and change it to 10 but the original large size still shows. How can I force a layout to have the format I want with no regards to what was originally typed in another layout? crazy.gif" border="0

Provided the user does not format the text in a field in Browse mode, the data can be entered in a field formatted in 18 pts and be displayed elsewhere in a field formatted in another font and size. That is how FileMaker works.

If it is not working in your solution, it is because the record's data in that field was selected and formatted to 18 pts in Browse mode. Filemaker now thinks that that field's contents should be formatted that way everywhere. Even if the field is already set to 18 pts, if you select the text in that field and assign it 18 pts, FileMaker will now display that record's field as 18 points everywhere.Same for all formatting.

To check it, create another record, type something in the field, then check that recprd on your second layout. You will find that the data is formatted according to the field way the field is formatted in layout mode.

You can reset the data to reflect the format applied to the field in layout mode by a simple script.

Field name: Text

Script:

SetField (Text) (Text)

In other words, the target field of Set Field is the Text field, and the calculation in the Set Field to is equal to text.

This topic is 8432 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.