Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Portals in Popovers

This topic is 3706 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I just realized that I could put portals inside of popovers. I really like the idea of using this in a list view to show related records. I was thinking of using it as an expandable portion for each record sort of like a "+" used in other programs. One down side is that I could only keep one popover open at a time, but I think that would be alright. I'm curious what the filemaker community thinks of something like this.

Would this be poor design? 

Has anyone else tried this out?

Any other cons to popovers besides only one open at a time?

• 1 month later...

Portals in Popovers are a cool way to add related information to an object.  Sadly, it does not seem to work if the popover button is itself inside a portal row.  It would be nice to have an exception to the "no portals inside of portals" rule.   What's odd, is that if you try to do this, the portal will not even appear in the popover pane; it instead slides underneath. 

You can put a portal inside a popover and a popover inside a patrol. Hover just like you can't out a portal in a portal, you can't put a popover inside another popover. Hence it's not possible to put a portal inside a popover that is already inside another portal. Or put a popover inside a portal that is already inside another popover. (Wow that was a mouth full.)

• Like 1

This topic is 3706 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.