How to email fmp12, or zip files to remote site?

RodM

This topic is 3765 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I need a option to get the 2 fmp12 files to a remote location.. via email

and, I think compressed.. data files can get bigger in time too

And distribute this app to others,  without additional cost, everyone spend for another plugin?

Just wonder my options

And can a fmp12 file be emailed safely, attached not compressed?     Someone mention me way back,  being causious

Thanks

If you email, always ZIP.  Things can get broken when you send FM files if they are not zipped.

As to the zipping proces: you can not zip a FM while you are still in the file.  So you need to do something like a "save as" and then zip that resulting file.

You can use a plugin, or you can use OS-level scripting.  I think the BaseElements plugin (free) can do it.  OS-level scripting is free too.

Thanks,

that confirm my thoughts.. Always Zip FM files  sent Fpt or Email

I have already copy as..

Will Check BaseElement..

And I need to find out what is meant by OS level scripting and how FM calls this ??

OS-level scripting = using the operating system's scripting technologies from inside FM to do things that FM can not do natively.  I've presented at many devcons on this topic going back 10+ years so the information is out there.

On Windows it means using batch files, VBscript, powershell,... all of which can be dynamically generated from inside FM and executed through the Send Event script step or a number of plugins

On Mac it means using AppleScript or shell script.  There is the Perform AppleScript script step and you can also dynamically generate and execute shell scripts through the Send Event or plugins.

This topic is 3765 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.