Server Maintenance This Week. ×

WebDirect - Lack of speed

This topic is 3750 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi

We have been on FM server 13 for about 2 weeks now. Also changed from IWP to WebDirect. Deployment on 2 iMac (Master+worker).

The speed of the WebDirect is pretty bad from WAN side, and I don't know what's wrong.

Both iMac is: 2,5 GHz, 4-core, i5 with 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ram. Connection is 15MBit, behind firewall.

What we can't tell from the technical specs is how the solution is designed.  WebD is clearly more heavy-weight than IWP so pay close attention to themes and styles and avoid any local style overrides.

Also you mention a 15mbits connection: is that synchronous?  For web users, your UPload speed is the most important.  And unless  your connection is synchronous you may have an upload speed that is much slower than 15mbits.

The reason I asked was to see whether you were having a lot of users connect.  2.5 GHz is a pretty low processor speed. And we don't know about the drive types.  Also, check the cache settings in the Admin Console.  I'd assign at least 4 GB RAM to cache.

As Wim notes, solution design plays a role here as well.  If you're expecting fewer than maybe 5 concurrent connections, you do not need two machines.

Steven

• Newbies

Hi

The two computers is: iMac 21,5", 2,5 GHz quad-core Intel Core i5, with 16GB ram, 500 GB harddisk (7200 o./min.), so I think the computers is OK.

I have set the cache settings in the Admin Console.  to 8 GB RAM to cache.

I did a benchmark test, and none of the 4 core did come above 14%, while working.

I did a benchmark test, and none of the 4 core did come above 14%, while working.

The level of activity does not always mean much if threads are stacked up waiting for each other.  It may not take much CPU power to process any one thread.

Does the admin console show long wait times per call?  Any of 4 typical bottlenecks show high numbers in the admin console? (cpu, memory, disk i/o, network)?

This topic is 3750 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.