Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMS backup location & login

This topic is 3753 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

After reading the advice from a knowledgeable poster here I started making sure there was no user logged into the host machine. I understand this is the safest way to use fm server. This is all fine in that FMS runs fine without any user logged into the host machine. However, I have a drive attached to the host machine (usb3) that serves as a backup destination for regular and progressive backups. If no user with sufficient permissions is logged into the host machine, the Admin Console reports the folder on the backup drive as an invalid path. Thinking this might be a permissions issue I've tried to work in that direction. So far no luck. I must be logged into the host machine (even though it can be locked/timed out) for FMS to recognize the BU drive. Am I missing something?

fmserver is included in the permissions list for the backup drive. Perhaps I should be concentrating on the actual folders.

Rick.

Your problem isn't permissions. USB drives only mount once a user is logged in (at least on Mac), same thing with FireWire drives.

Thunderbolt drives DO mount on system startup, not log in.

This topic is 3753 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.