Save as PDF observation

Rick Whitelaw

This topic is 3766 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

Today I needed to create a PDF of a number of records. The layout for each record was three pages long. The layout contained a title header (of course on the first page). When I saved as PDF, records being browsed, all pages, fm made the PDF as if the records were displayed in List View. In other words the header appeared on only the first record and subsequent records showed no header. This doesn't seem right. The layout to be printed was set to Form View. The main problem is that although the layout is designed to print well (3 pages = 3 pages) when printing a single record, when saving multiple records to PDF the page breaks get messy after the first record due to the absence of the header. Any thoughts?

Rick.

In other words the header appeared on only the first record and subsequent records showed no header. This doesn't seem right.

If you mean "the title header appeared on only the first record and subsequent records showed no title header", then that's exactly how it should be.

The layout contained a title header (of course on the first page).

There can be only one title header per layout; it's not on any specific page (of the layout).

If you mean "the title header appeared on only the first record and subsequent records showed no title header", then that's exactly how it should be.

There can be only one title header per layout; it's not on any specific page (of the layout).

I understand perfectly well what a title header is and does. My point, or question, is why does save to PDF seem to consider the records to be in list view? The layout to be saved to pdf is in form view. if I scroll through records in form view of course each record displays the title header. The title header is meant to display once per RECORD at least in form view. If I were saving as pdf from list view I would expect only one title header on the first printed page. However from form view I would expect the title header to appear at the top of each record.

The solution would be to save the first record as PDF then save each subsequent record and append to the first. This was a one-time thing however. Not worth scripting just to set the page breaks straight.

This topic is 3766 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.