Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Email integration.

fmow

This topic is 3742 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've done quite a bit of reading on this and I read the documentation for a couple of third-party plug-ins that seemed very well done but rather convoluted. I was wondering what my best option is to integrate email into FileMaker. Of course opinions will vary. At the moment the company I'm dealing with has someone host their email in their servers and their mostly using Outlook as an application. I was wondering whether mail.app had better integration and if OS X server can help me here, in the sense of it being the missing link. I'm already on the Mavericks server so that will not be any problem for me.

Obviously when I say email integration and need to point out what this means to me basically that emails can be associated with entities in FileMaker, for example projects have emails, and then for it to be rather simple to aggregate them on the back and maybe extract data and attachments from them.

I think sendmail SMTP, i use free Gamail..  is your better choice right from Filemaker.. fill a standard message field and/or attach a file..  tried  client Outlook... as an option but a pain in my side

This topic is 3742 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.