Sign in to follow this  
eljefejb

External Auth only working on files created before FMP13.

We are checking out FileMaker 13 Server.  It is installed on a new Mac mini server running Mavericks with all updates applied.  I have been able to join the server to our Active Directory domain, but I cannot get External Authentication to work on files created with FMP13.  To test if authentication works at all, I copied one of the files from our older server (FMS12, running Lion) to the new server.  I am able to open this file using my domain credentials. The same domain accounts have been entered for authentication in both files, but when I try to open the file created with FMP13, I get the message "The account and password you entered cannot be used to access this file. Please try again."

Any ideas?  The only difference that I can find is that one file was created in an earlier version of FMP, and the new one was created with FMP13.

• Like 1

Have you double-checked that the fmapp bit is set for the privilege set?

*forehead smack*

Well, I thought that I had, but having changed the combination of settings several times, I may have overlooked it.  You were right!  It ought to be selected by default, if you ask me!  :)

Thanks!