Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Fixed/Manual Page Breaks

kevybaby

This topic is 3715 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've inherited a couple of databases that need some help. I'm hoping I can find a simple solution for page breaks.

Running FMP 11 V3 on Server

I have a simple, but long report that is four pages long. It is currently set up fairly simply with a header and footer and body in between. The body is tall enough to accommodate the four pages. The problem that came up today (because of system upgrades) is that the print drivers on different machines are giving different page builds. Because of this, the page breaks are different from machine-to-machine (some W-XP, some W7). I tried just adjusting the vertical position of each page's elements, but there is enough variation in the page breaks that there is no one position that works on all machines.

There is no sliding as each of the four pages needs to be fixed in positioning.

In my search today, I've been unable to find an insert-able "fixed page break". I could adjust the position of the elements on each page and then put a fixed page break at the bottom, but so far it looks like this tool doesn't exist.

The only other solution I can think of is to break each page down into its own layout and script the printout. But I would think there is a more elegant solution.

Any ideas?

There is no manual page break.

Try setting the layout to use fixed page margins of 0px. Ignore the warning - but do try to keep objects as far as possible from the page breaks indicated in layout mode (remember to leave room for header and footer). Also make sure your script includes a Page Setup[] step with stored settings.

This topic is 3715 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.