Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Button in empty portal

This topic is 3702 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi folks,

Is there a workaround to have a button work inside a portal even if there are currently no records in the portal's table? What I am trying to do is when the user clicks on a portal it pops up a box that once filled in will add the record to the portal's table via a script. For a number of reasons I don't want the user to be able to enter the information into the portal directly. I thought maybe turning the portal into a button instead of just the portal fields would do the trick but apparently not!

Any help would be greatly appreciated

James

not sure what you found out... I think we'd need to see your original setup graphically to make sense of that

If you are using 13, you can use a "plus" button near the portal that shows a pop-up with global fields and a "save" and "cancel" button.  If the user selects "save" you check the input and create a new related record

Figured it would be easier see what I was doing in layout mode.

Issue was in the staff member portal "column".

I wanted to give the appearance that some of the portals in this column were one portal even though in reality they were multiple. So I had them touching. This is what seemed to cause the issue.

For this specific layout, luckily when any portals touched, one of them was always a one line portal. So I got round it by removing lines from the one line portal itself, and adding them to the field in the portal instead. That way I could literally raise or lower the single line portals by 1PX, leave the field where it was so it looked the same and voila, buttons worked.

Thanks for the reply Wim :) I do have 13, but am creating this solution in 11 for a client, so haven't had a moment to even open 13 yet which I am very excited to do!

post-101547-0-50305500-1394328628_thumb.

This topic is 3702 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.