Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FM Server 11 to FM server 13 -Container Field issue

This topic is 3235 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

I need some help with script.

Last weekend we migrated from 11 to 13 and as it turns out all our OLE objects are gone because of the change in FM 12.  My workaround is to get the data from 11 and insert each one.  with that said i was told i could create a script to open the attachment (excel, pdf) and in the case of the excel file make changes and then click another script to save changes to Excel.  I believe the script would need to write to a temp file.  Does anybody know any info on this.

I'm starting to move the files from 11 to 13, but i would like to provide the users with the ability to click on a box so the attachment opens up.  that way they don't have to do right click and export.

Thank you

when you say "I was told" then the obvious questions is "by whom" and "why can't they tell you the rest of the info you need"?

OLE containers have been identified from the get-go when FM12 was released as a potential pain-point.  And as far as I know nobody has come up with with an nice automated way of getting the data out and back in.

• 1 year later...

Is it still the case that there is no way to get OLE objects out of containers?

I have a DB with 2000 pdf scans that were dragged in to containers in FM11 from windows explorer and need to get them converted to files so I can use external storage in 14.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

PJ

This topic is 3235 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.