Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Supercontainer images not loading in Windows 8, IE 10 and Opera 12

This topic is 3688 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am getting complaints and errors that are matching what I am seeing here for Windows 8 running IE10 and Opera12.

(I got this screenshot from the Microsoft browser test page, but it looks the same as one a client sent.)

The page is loading fine in FireFox and Chrome on both windows and Mac -- Is there something I can do?  Known issue?

-- Don

site: http://mobayen.macusa.net/mobayen-results.php

post-93126-0-31118300-1394564367_thumb.p

post-93126-0-78257900-1394564528_thumb.p

The direct link in your post seems to work fine - here's the deal, though.  I am not having issues myself, this is experienced by visitors to the site (I assume using IE10 or maybe even IE9).  

I can repeat the same issues they have by trying to load the site using http://www.modern.ie/ to test.  Their screenshot tool shows your link fine in all browsers, but the actual page is not loading the java images in IE 10 and Opera12.

Is there something I can do on my end to help these people load the page?

thank you for any help :-)

• 3 weeks later...

You may need to update your SuperContainer server. The latest Java 7 update (update 51) requires all Java applets to have certain security settings, and we built these settings into SuperContainer v2.896 (latest version available here). If you have a version of SuperContainer released before v2.896, you should update to the latest version to prevent this error occurring for any users with the latest Java update.

Also, if you are updating from a version of SuperContainer released before v2.89, please read this article on a few functional differences you can expect.

This topic is 3688 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.