Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Error No records found when using Privilege set - trying to hide NO ACCESS

This topic is 3710 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi, everyone, first post , having a issue with privilege set and performing a find. 

1. Set up privilege to be based upon a record field and a globel variable.  ( working fine) 

2. users sees all of the records including the no access records.  ( working )

3. when i perform a find, even for records that the user is allowed to see, it says cannot find record. 

I can even see the data right in front of me and when i perform a find, it still says no records found. Is this because it cannot "search" through all the records because it doesn't have access to ALL of them? 

If i set the users privilege set so they can "view" this table then the search works fine. 

Doesn't make sense to me. Could anyone explain to me why i cannot perform a find when i am using a privilege set to only view the users records? 

Thank you !

• Newbies

Yes the find does work when i am logged in with full access. Even a Command F Find, doesn't work correctly. 

Strange.. 

So if limited access for viewing the records is set, using a variable, find should work properly? I'm not missing anything else? 

1. Set up privilege to be based upon a record field and a globel variable.  ( working fine) 

Global variable?   Are you using separation model ( data in a separate file )?

It is not recommended using global variables in privileges because of the vulnerability of access via data viewer or ability to guess and gain access to restricted data.  The other thing is that global variables are file specific.

It would sure help to see your file; your privileges seem to be denying for some reason for sure.

This topic is 3710 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.