Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Automating User Access in Different Platforms.

This topic is 3703 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hey guys, I ‘d like some help with this. I am refering to of course the mac, windows and ios. 

Mac:

That’ s the easiest because you can have os x trigger the vpn when a program starts, the fm client in this case. But I have not figured out how to script the open remote database and optionally provide the client credentials too. 

Ios

Am I correct in assuming that If I want the same triggering behaviour under some provisions when fm go starts, do I need to jailbreak the iPad, and if I do so is there a solution? 

Windows

If someone’ s made a batch file with all the above requirements, vpn trigger and opening remote, I ‘d love to hear about it.

The problem with any kind of scripting is that the credentials will not be secure in the script, it may be as insecure as having no account protection on the file at all.

With that in mind can you explain a bit why you want to automate this instead of letting the user authenticate?

Well, I don't really, I thought about it on the fly as I was detailing the other specifications and tbh by the fourth sentence I was thinking it's incredibly stupid to include credentials within the script (unencrypted I suppose) as you are setting yourself up for a huge vulnerability. :)

But I am after some system to trigger the vpn in any platform and also to automate the open remote, choose db process for the users.

This topic is 3703 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.