Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Filemaker Pro Advanced 11 Find not working

This topic is 3706 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hey everyone

I am pretty much new to Filemaker Pro so I am not sure what is going on.

I have a database of around 800 entries and I was cleaning up blank entries.  Deleted 19 blank entries.  Then went to find duplicates in the database and everytime I click FIND, it will show it is looking in 1 entry which is blank.

I go back and click show all and I see my 800 entries and able to scroll through them but when I click find.  It looks like it is looking at one entry and not my 800.  Hopefully I've worded this correctly.  Anyone know whats going on?

Thanks!

Hi db, and welcome to the the Forum,

I moved this from "FileMaker Pro 11" to "Finding & Searching", because the General topic for the different versions is restricted to the discussion of the Tool, Functions and Features that were introduced in that release of FileMaker.

If you have any questions about my action, please contact me via Private Message.

... and everytime I click FIND, it will show it is looking in 1 entry which is blank.

I go back and click show all and I see my 800 entries

That is the way find works - it will display a single blank record for you to enter your find criteria.  Only after entering your values you wish to find and hitting enter or perform find, will it display the records found.  :-)

And welcome to FMForums!!!

This topic is 3706 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.