Tabs in a global field & More!

This topic is 8221 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a global field with merged fields imbedded. basically it's a price list where the copy stays the same but the cost can change. Anyways, I wanted to include leader dots upto the price. I have placed a right tab with a fill of "." (no quotes) followed by a left tab to create a space to the dollar sign and then a tab aligning with the decial point on the price.

1) Here's my problem. the leader lines (dots) have a space every so many and will also run beyond by blank tab area and in some cases past my Dollar sign. Each new price acts different.

I checked my tab buttons incase I had left the fill button on but I didn't. I highlighted all the copy before creating the tabs so each area where the tabs appear should react the same but they are not. Am I being over written by the program or something? Is there a bug in the system. Previously I was told that at 150% your alignments can go out of wack and not be true to the finished result, is this the case with a leader tab? The computer just cannot handle it? Or should I say FileMaker? I have even upped my Memory to 60000 incase there was an overload or something, but my files are rather small so this should not be a factor. (FYI:It didn't make a difference)

Wait it gets better!

2) I have the body of my global field with the merged prices. All prices have number formating from when I created. Commas and decimals (that kind of stuff). Then I go to my footer where I have placed a total (calculated field) of all the prices. Again this is a merged field with consistant front copy followed by the merged total. Here's my new problem: My total does not have any number formating to it. When I use it in a different layout the formating is there just not in this footer. Can anyone explain WHY?????:?

Help Anyone!

-Morning Man

[ November 11, 2001: Message edited by: Morning Man ]

This topic is 8221 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.