Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Day 1 FMS13

This topic is 3693 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello Board!

So, I finally made the jump from FMPA hosting a shared file to FMS13.

I have installed it, everything says that it's working, but I can't get a file to be hosted.

I have FMPA13 on a client machine with network access but using the 'Upload to Server' option doesn't show the actual server on the list, only my local machine.

I have tried copying the file into the Data/Databases directory where the sample db is and it doesn't show up in the Console.

I'm a bit stuck! Can anyone help me, please?

Thank you,

H

Tried reinstallation , but now the admin console has a warning red exclamation next to General Settings, Database Server and Web Publishing.

I renamed the server and emptied the browser cache.

When I mouse over General Settings button, i get this error message in a floating box:   com.vaadin.server.ServerRpcManager$RpcInvocationException: Unable to invoke method click in com.vaadin.shared.ui.button.ButtonServerRpc at com.vaadin.server.ServerRpcManager.applyInvocation(ServerRpcManager.java:170) at com.vaadin.server.ServerRpcManager.applyInvocation(ServerRpcManager.java:118) at com.vaadin.server.AbstractCommunicationManager.handleBurst(AbstractCommunicationManager.java:1680) at com.vaadin.server.AbstractCommunicationManager.handleVariables(AbstractCommunicationManager.java:1566) at com.vaadin.server.AbstractCommunicationManager.handleUidlRequest(AbstractCommunicationManager.java:582) at com.vaadin.server.VaadinServlet.service(VaadinServlet.java:315) at com.vaadin.server.VaadinServlet.service(VaadinServlet.java:201) at org.vaadin.artur.icepush.ICEPushServlet.service(ICEPushServlet.java:72) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210) at org.apache.catalina.filters.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:108) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:222) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123) at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:502) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171) at com.filemaker.tomcat.FMErrorReportValve.invoke(Unknown Source) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:408) at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(Abs

Still no joy -

Uninstalled, deleted all the files and directories. Cleared cache, server restart, reinstallation, same thing.

Going to bed.

This is a network problem. Perhaps you should try, on a Mac anyway, the Go menu, (on the client machine), select Network, and see if you can connect to the machine intended to host the files (the machine with FMS installed). If you can't connect then you must sort out a network issue before uploading the files to the server.

OK, thanks. How do I begin to find out what the network problem is?

I would think that i could connect locally..... From the same box FMP-FMS...?

Windows Server2008 R2 SP1

I cannot see the file. I cannot upload it to the host. I have manually put it into the databases directory and it doesn't show.

so you are not seeing the sample file?  Can you confirm that it is hosted by looking at the admin console (let's worry about your file after we are sure that the FMS sample file works as it should).

The FMS box has a static IP address?  Is the Windows firewall active?  If so did you open port 5003?

Hi Wim,

Thanks for your input!

No, I was not seeing the sample file. The install went OK, the deployment went OK, then nothing.

FMS box is static IP, No Firewall, open port 50003.

We did a reinstallation of the server software (Win2008) after uninstalling FMS and also did a clean out of Java on the web browser (Firefox). We had three versions installed and we took them all out, rebooted, installed the latest one, rebooted then reinstalled Win2008 and it worked!

I have loaded my file up,  but not via FMP, i cannot get the 'Upload To Server' to work. The local host server is visible but when i enter a login name and password, it tells me it's incorrect. This is the same password that I can log into the Admin Console with. It is the same password that I opened the file with prior to uploading to FMS, when it was shared on FMPA.

Is there another password I should be using for uploading? I haven't entered anything in.

Thanks,

H

The pw for the admin console is the one to use for the upload.  The upload mechanism uses port 443, make sure that that one is open.

open port 50003.

Probably just a typo here, but the data port is 5003.

Yes, Typo, thanks.

I will check on that port tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure that's open and free for FMP.

I now have one more issue - my client is not reading the external SQL data source, that is used to draw product data to FM.

In my 'admin' account for the db, i can access it and the Lookup works. But in the 'user' permission set, it won't see the data. I can't find where i might set this.

My clients are on MacosX, but this problem happens on v12 + v13 on mac and pc clients.

This topic is 3693 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.