FM13 Portal Resizing Oddity

James Gill

This topic is 3695 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Ok, this is one of those issues that you sort of feel like an idiot to have to post about because I have a feeling that the answer is completely obvious.

I have two portals, one that was created in FM12 and the other than was created in FM13.  In the FM12 portal, setting the anchor to both top and bottom on a portal will cause the portal to extend in size to include additional records and the portal rows stay the same size.  When I do the EXACT same thing to the FM13 portal, the portal resizes but it also resizes the portal rows and does not extend to include additional records!

I cannot for the life of me figure out why this portal is resizing the portal rows instead of extending to include additional records.

Hi James,

Snow Leopard isn't supported for 13.  Please see here for requirements:

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11894/kw/requirements

If you've updated your version, please update your profile when you get the chance.

However, I believe the issue in your case is the FIELDS within the portal.  If you set any of the fields to both up and down anchors, then the rows will expand as you describe.  Make sure all the fields within the portal are only set to UP.  This will allow additional rows to display.   :-)

This topic is 3695 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.