Multiple Apps open with Go?

This topic is 3675 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Does anyone know if FMGo 13 will allow the connection to FM Server to remain open while using other apps on an Ipad?  Seems to me that this is a critical flaw in earlier versions - really slows down my work flow while in the field.

When Manage... Security... there is are extended privilege sets called, "Require re-authentication after the specified minutes in sleep/background. Go Only (fmauthenticate10)"  or (...fmauthenticate0).   If these are selected, then Filemaker Server will kick off the FM Go client after 10 minutes, or 0 minutes of sleep, respectively.  If I de-select these options, then Filemaker Server does not disconnect me on FM Go if I sleep my device or use another app.  

I have only tried this over WiFi.  I'm not sure what would happen if you were using cellular data in a car, and moving from one cell tower to the next. 

FM Go is a free download.  Why not try it out and see how it works for you? 

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestions Mathew.  When you refer to extended privilege sets, are you referring to this on the server console, or within filemaker on the local machine?

Security settings are set with FM Pro running on your local machine.  If the file is hosted on FM Server, then use the File > Open Remote... dialogue to access the file. Once you have opened the file, then select, File > Manage Security... to set the privileges.  Select the Privilege Sets header and then Edit the Privilege Set for the User that will be accessing the database via FMGo.  This will pull up the Edit Privilege Set dialogue.   Here is where you would deselect the items called "Require re-authentication after the specified number of minutes in Sleep/Backround"  

Note: You may need to resize this window to be able to see all the options!

This topic is 3675 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.