Server Maintenance This Week. ×

import via ODBC from FM12 to FM11

This topic is 3652 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I'm trying to import records via ODBC from FM12 Server to FM11. I can successfully import using the query builder with a WHERE clause but this needs to be a repetitive automated process for a user. I would like to use the Calculated SQL text option and have no problem if I just use a SELECT statement with no WHERE clause to bring in records. As soon as I add the WHERE clause, FQL errors out. The text from the Query Builder is exactly identical to the text from the Calculated SQL text but the Query Builder works and the Calculated SQL Text does not. I have tried every trick I could find on this to no avail. Thanks for any help you can provide. I will post the exact Calculated SQL Text on Monday if needed.

Thanks

Dave

I found the solution and I can't believe it hasn't been stressed in the ODBC documentation or in the forums. You have to make sure the quote marks that end up in the SQL text are "straight quotes" and not "curly" or "smart" quotes. Unchecking the box in File Options=>Text on the importing machine takes care of it. Thanks to anyone who may have looked into this.

Dave

This topic is 3652 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.