Server Maintenance This Week. ×

13 Advanced Pro upgrade troubles

This topic is 3638 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi everyone,

I am new to Filemaker and will be using it at work.

There are problems downloading the program, though. I already have a serial code that a colleague gave me, but when I try and upgrade on the trail scheme, it says I can't upgrade to the 'Advanced' version, via the current trial version.

Unable to find an advanced pro trial version, I thought I would come here for help.

So, I need to find a way of upgrading from the basic trial version, to the 13 Advanced pro full version with a serial code.

If you could help me, that would be great.

Thanks

• Newbies

Thank you for the reply, but doesn't having the serial number mean I have one copy worth of it? 

I am just having trouble with actually downloading the program.

What do you mean when you say that your friend gave you a serial number? Are you asking for instructions on how to install stolen software?

• Like 1

When you purchase your software from FileMaker Inc or thru an authorized reseller, or developer the license will be tied to your organization or name so please make sure that you have a legitimate official download. 

The links to the software from FMI will expire after several days so you must download the installers (mac/windows) as soon as you receive them. 

Each product will have its own unique license key. FMP ≠ FMPA ≠ FMS if you were to activate your "Trial Version" you will need a key for FileMaker Pro - if you purchased Advanced you will need to install that and uninstall your trial version.

FileMaker is offering a promotion right now: http://info2.filemaker.com/en-us_fmpadv_bogo2014.html if you or your friend purchase FMPA you can get a SECOND legal copy for you.

Please don't steal software, or ask how to steal soft are on FM Forums as most of the members here make their living using FileMaker and all have paid for the privilege.

If your company has purchased a Volume or Annual Volume license your IT person who maintains your organizations software licence will have access to the installers and licenses.

If this is a "work" related computer please don't install illegally obtained software on your employers computer or allow the employer to do so - the legal and civil reproductions are just not worth it.

This topic is 3638 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.