Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Showing Records when Related Records have a certain value

This topic is 3651 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello Board,

I have a table, 'Production_Orders'. It stores a list of Production Order numbers, the quantity and associated Product Stock Code.

I have a table 'Production_Logs'. It stores a record of each activity for each Production Order. So a Timestamp, the Production Order Number, the Operator, the Action (Started, Checked, Processed, Packed) etc. etc.

These two are linked by Production Order Number.

What I'd like to do is produce a list of Production Orders, only when the related records in 'Logs' have certain conditions.

So, I'd like one report that lists the Production Orders that ONLY have a related record that says 'Started'. I'd like one report that shows the Production Orders that have related records with 'Started' and 'Checked'. I'd like another report that only shows Production Orders that have related records that are 'Started', 'Checked' and 'Processed'.

I end up with 4 lists of Production Orders that, as they are worked on, and the activity logged, move from one list to another.

i would sort these lists by time to give a production queue.

I've tried setting relationships to do this - specifying a global value on a related table to be 'Started' and then joining relationships where they are or are not 'Started' but of course it does not hide or show records as other jobs are completed.

That's brilliant, thank you. I will take some time to go through it and find out how it works.

Although my Production Jobs are not in sequential order, i'm sure i can sort something out from what you've sent me; thanks again.

This topic is 3651 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.