Reducing enclosing part and sliding up

adyf

This topic is 3658 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've done this loads of times but for some reason the fields on the CPD Report and CV Report layouts (attached) won't slide up in preview mode. I think I've done the obvious but obviously something isn't right. Also wonder why the page counter in the footer isn't displaying Page 1 | 2, Page 2 | 2, but instead Page 1 | 1, Page 2 | 2.

I'm actually just getting into using FM on a macbook after a long while on Windows, but this may be a feeble excuse.  :smile:

Thanks in advance.

CV & CPD.fp7.zip

Also wonder why the page counter in the footer isn't displaying Page 1 | 2, Page 2 | 2, but instead Page 1 | 1, Page 2 | 2.

I wonder why you wonder – you've inserted the page number symbol twice, and that is what you get. If you want to display the page count, calculate it (well – retrieve it, so to speak) and store it in a variable that you display on the layout.

I wonder why you wonder – you've inserted the page number symbol twice, and that is what you get. If you want to display the page count, calculate it (well – retrieve it, so to speak) and store it in a variable that you display on the layout.

I was positive that I had achieved this before doing something similar without having to define a calculation to work out the page count.

Align all the fields to the top of the field instead of center and reduce the size of the hyphen field (drag the bottom up to the top to make it smaller).

I forgot to add how to do the page numbers. adyf is correct on how do to that. I'm not sure if there is another way. 

To display the current page number with the total number of pages in a report (for example, Page 1 of 10), start by creating a merge variable named <<$pp>>, and create the following script for it:
Enter Preview Mode
Go to Record/Request/Page [Last]
Set Variable [$pp; Value:Get(PageNumber)]
Go to Record/Request/Page [First]
Pause/Resume Script [indefinitely]
Then, combine text, the page number symbol ({{PageNumber}}), and the merge variable on the layout header or footer:

This topic is 3658 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.