Server Maintenance This Week. ×

EasySync v1.1 is now available.

This topic is 3623 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for creating this Tim. This will make a big difference in what I can accomplish with FileMaker.

While I was able to quickly get up and running with the demo database, I am still feeling my way thru porting this to an existing database. I do have a couple comments/questions: 

In the EasySync documentation, Host Setup, Step 6 - Add the "EasySync_Payload" layout, you might want to note that we need to assign the name "easysync_status" to the $$EasySync_status merge field. Otherwise the variable doesn't get updated. The name didn't copy over when I ported it from the sample database.

Can you confirm that the "EasySync_Payload" layout is the same in both the hosted and mobile versions?

Thank you again for all the work on this.

John

John --

In the EasySync documentation, Host Setup, Step 6 - Add the "EasySync_Payload" layout, you might want to note that we need to assign the name "easysync_status" to the $$EasySync_status merge field. Otherwise the variable doesn't get updated. The name didn't copy over when I ported it from the sample database.

Interesting. I'm not sure why the object name didn't come over when you ported it over. I just double-checked to confirm that it is set properly in the hosted version of the database, and it is. In any case, I'll add this to the Troubleshooting docs. Thanks for pointing it out.

Can you confirm that the "EasySync_Payload" layout is the same in both the hosted and mobile versions?

Yes, it is - or at least it should be. The key objects on the layout are the $$EasySync_status merge field and the portal based on the EasySync_Payload_Details. 

Thanks, and let me know if you have any other questions.

-- Tim

This topic is 3623 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.