Comparing 2 tables to determine missing "employee names"

This topic is 3620 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Good morning,

I am sure this topic is covered/explained somewhere on these forums, but I don't know exactly where to begin my search, or which keywords to search for. If someone can point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it :laugh2:

I've put together an employee table [EMPLOYEES] which includes all employees within one department. For sake of explanation, let's say this table holds 100 records (employee names).

I created another table [TRAINING_RECS] to hold training records. In a nutshell, supervisors use ipads to train employees. Within the training layout is the field employee name (relationship -> [EMPLOYEES]).

I've been able to create a report to show who has been trained on a specific topic using [TRAINING_RECS as the table source], however I am running around in circles trying to figure out how to show employees that HAVE NOT been trained.

I've reviewed documentation on table occurences, value lists, and scripting, but again, not sure which is the "right" way to go about it.

Thanks

1. Don't use the employee names or other “real” data as relationship keys between your tables; for several good reasons.

Instead, use an auto-entered serial number or a UUID that has no meaning outside of your database and is not accessible to any users.

Now you can display the employee name on a training layout by displaying the field from the related Employee record.

2. For your requirement, see this thread.

• Newbies

EOS,

Thanks for the directional "push" - let me re-design the table as you described above and see where how that plays out differently from where I am now. I am sure I will be back with more questions :)

Thank you.

This topic is 3620 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.