Emailing Filemaker 13 using Apple Mail

Patricia

This topic is 2627 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am sending emails from FM 13. I want the name of the person who it is address to included with the email address:

John Doe <[email protected]>

I have no problem bringing the address to Apple Mail but can not get the name and address. This does not seem to be a difficult problem but for some reason all the methods I have tried do not work.

Thank You

Patricia

This topic is 2627 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By HOnza
      Everyone is excited about Lion. Even though many new features on Mac OS X 10.7 are giving us improvements we kept asking for since 10.1, Apple has again succeeded in giving all the new features the strong essence of innovation that makes us unable to hesitate to install and try Lion out as soon as we are able to.
      But we are also afraid. What if some important apps stop working?
      Read more in my article. Alredy updated with links to other resources and opinions...
    • By CEATH Company
      We have a client that is sending email to us from their ServiceDesk help desk system.  The issue is that the email is laced with HTML tags, so much so that the 360Works Email plugin script step to read the email doesn't find any body to insert in a FileMaker field.  The script step is of the form:
      Set Field[ImportedMessage::body ; EmailReadMessageValue( "body" )]
      The field ImportedMessage::body is empty, even though we know there is content because a cc copy of the same email can be read, for example, by Apple Mail.  Any ideas how to parse the content out of an email that a bunch of HTML junk embedded throughout the body of the email?
    • By 360Works
      Email, Scribe, and FTPeek FileMaker Plugins Have New Updated Versions with Improvements
      Learn about the new updates available and download now!
      Last week we were excited to announce that all of our plugins are compatible with the new FileMaker 19 platform!

This week, we have additional feature enhancements and improvements specific to three of our most popular plugins: 360Works Email, Scribe, and FTPeek.

While these are minor updates, we encourage you to update now for the best experience using each plugin.
      Download new plugin versions and check out the latest improvements using the links below!
      360Works Email Plugin (Version: 3.316) - FileMaker plugin for sending and receiving emails using IMAP, SMTP, or POP, plus adds sending SMS/Text Messages from FileMaker capabilities.
      Added "attachmentsDir" parameter to EmailReadMessages, allowing users to specify a local directory where they want attachments downloaded. Downloaded attachments are now deleted when EmailDisconnect is called. Implemented a fix for some rare DHC issues that were occurring. Improved inline attachments in emails for better downloading. Reworked the "secureconnection" parameter. SecureConnection will now set both ssl and tls to true. However these can be set individually with "ssl=true" or "tls=true". This resolves issues with certain mail servers that require tls, but reject ssl. IMAP servers better retrieve the messageId and better loading of body structure in messages. 360Works Scribe Plugin - (Version: 4.0710) - FileMaker PDF plugin, OCR plugin, Microsoft Word and Excel integration - all in one.
      Improved how keywords are being pulled from PDFs. Improved Windows file-locking, temporary files are now deleted when ScribeDocCancel is called. Better conversion of Excel files to text with merged cells. Improved Textract results downloads for better accuracy. Improved inserting images into Excel documents. 360Works FTPeek Plugin - (Version 2.305) - FileMaker plugin that can upload, download, and manipulate remote files on an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) server.
      Updated FTP libraries, resolving some connection issues. Reworked the Forcetrust parameter on FTPeek_ConnectFTPS. It should now accept most invalid certificates.

Interested in Three or ALL Plugins from 360Works?
      Get the BEST DEAL with the Portfolio Bundle.
          Stay updated with 360Works
    • By Teilo
      So, the time has come. Runtime support is gone in 19.
      This puts me in a quandary. At my company, I have a handful of small apps that do nothing but import CSVs and print labels with barcodes on Zebra label printers, or packing slips with pictures for each item. These are one-off special purpose databases. There is no active data management. The scripts clear out the DB and import a fresh CSV on each run.
      I have tried making these applications work with Server, to no avail. I doubt anything has changed in 19.
      I can understand Claris wanting to move to an online subscription-based model, but the problem is that the server version is not at feature parity with the desktop client for certain essential things I need, like printing to a label printer, or exporting PDFs with images that come from a folder full of PNG files that change on each run.
      I have some time, obviously, but version 18 will not run forever, especially if Apple's shenanigans continue. Is Claris listening, or should I just assume that this is a lost cause?
    • By Oyseka
      Good day all, I have a script that collects several reports from different tables and assembles them to email via the following code. How do I clear all the reports after the reports have been sent,(or before the next set of reports are compiled).
      Set Variable [ $Path; Value:Get (TemporaryPath) &"Products Active" & " " & Year ( JobCardItems::DateNextServ )& "-" & Month ( JobCardItems::DateNextServ ) & ".pdf" ]
      Save Records as PDF [ File Name: “$Path”; Create folders:No; Records being browsed ]
      [ Document - ]
      [ Pages - Number Pages From: 1; Include: All pages ]
      [ Security - Printing: High Resolution; Editing: Any except extracting pages; Enable copying; Enable Screen Reader ] [ Initial View - Show: Pages Panel and Page; Page Layout: Single Page; Magnification: 100% ]
      [ Restore; No dialog ]
      Set Variable [ $AttachmentList; Value:If ( IsEmpty ( $AttachmentList ) ; $Path ; $AttachmentList & "¶" & $Path) ]
      I have tried just setting the variable $Path; Value: "" but that did not work
  • Who Viewed the Topic

1 member has viewed this topic:
    org 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.