Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Registration missing

This topic is 3622 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, I have installed the latest version of SC on a Mac Mini with FMS11.

All works fine, and I have registered the software via the web portal which also works fine. However upon a reboot the registration is lost and requires entering again.

I have followed the known faults page about deleting the registration file - but that file does not exist to be deleted!

Any pointers gratefully received.

Dave

Hi Dave,

You can always email [email protected] or call the toll-free number listed on our website for more direct communication.

If the registration file is not being created, I would guess that you are correct about a permissions problem. The SuperContainer server runs as a different user depending on the method of deployment. How is SuperContainer server deployed?

You can also set the registration in the web.xml file that SuperContainer uses to store default values. The file is located at "SuperContainer/WEB-INF/web.xml". This might be a better fix for your situation if you do not want to modify permissions.

I have four files called web.xml on the mac - and have put the registration information in all four, yet after restarting it still says Demo mode until I enter the license again in the web interface for super container.

Not sure quite what you mean by how it is deployed, It is FMS11, and I installed using the installer from your site - and the instructions in the support area. If you need anything specific just ask, I am keen to get this resolved.

Dave

Hi Dave,

You would only need to put the registration information into a single web.xml file, and there should be a place for the information to go. Now that I know you are deployed using the installer on OS X with FMS11, I can tell you exactly which file you should modify:

/Library/FileMaker Server/Web Publishing/publishing-engine/cwpe-tomcat/bin/SuperContainer/WEB-INF/web.xml

The forums will eat up the exact formatting of the area where you should put the registration information, but I can try to describe it. You want to the put the license key within the param-value tags on the line under the "activationCode" param-name tags, and the registered company name that matches the license key goes within the param-value tags on the line after the "registeredTo" param-name tags. Let me know if I should clarify this more.

In your environment, SuperContainer server is deployed in the Web Publishing Engine of FMS which means it runs as the "fmserver" user account like the other FMS processes. So you should check permissions for the registration file directory and make sure that "fmserver" has read/write permissions. Let me know what you find.

This topic is 3622 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.