Layout shifted slightly right

MicheleC

This topic is 3638 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a database with a number of layouts.  Each has the same logo at top left, a title in caps, and then a 1-pt line box surrounding the fields.  For consistency's sake I want all these things in the exact same location on each page.  In Layout Mode I have used the Inspector to check the location of all these items (for example, the logo is at 0,0) and they are identical across all layouts. 

However, when I'm in regular mode and I click through the layouts, on ONE layout everything is shifted about 2 pts to the right, and there is a tiny gap all down the left side -- see screen caps (hope they're big enough).  This gap is NOT visible when I look at it in Layout mode.  I have checked the Body and Header locations and they're set the same as all the other layouts.

This is driving me nuts not being able to figure it out.  Help?

post-92233-0-68558300-1401462462_thumb.p

post-92233-0-00100900-1401462468_thumb.p

If you are now using v13, you need to update your profile. Here is a quick link for you MY PROFILE.

If you are still using 8.5, then I need to move this.

What view are we seeing in your screen shots? i.e. form or list?

If you are on 13, go to:  Layouts > Layout Setup and uncheck 'show current record indicator'.  This will remove the pixel shift you see.

If you are now using v13, you need to update your profile. Here is a quick link for you MY PROFILE.

Using v12 now.  Have updated.  Thanks.

If you are on 13, go to:  Layouts > Layout Setup and uncheck 'show current record indicator'.  This will remove the pixel shift you see.

Alas, I have no such check box in my layout setup...

What view are we seeing in your screen shots? i.e. form or list?

Well heck.  That's it!  I was in List view -- I couldn't tell because the form basically fills the entire screen, so I didn't see any of the others above/below it.  Wow do I feel dumb.  Thanks :tongue:

This topic is 3638 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.