Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Line Graph from data with Groups

Harry

This topic is 3615 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello Board,

Second Charting problem for me...

I have a table, it is populated by a MySQL database. It calculates a larger set of data and then generates and fills these fields:

Calculation ID (Auto Incremented)

Calculations are done everyday and each 'ID' has a date/time attached to it.

Order ID

Each Sales Order on our system has data calculated for it

Shipping Date

A Year/Week number, 201423, for example.

So, every record on the table has a CalcID (Currently 1-1239, it will be 1240 tonight) an Order ID and a Shipping Date.

What i want to achieve is a line graph, with the CalcID across the X, Shipping Date Year/Week on the Y and then the orders drawn as lines, grouped by order.

I can't see how to make it work, though. I don't get it.

When an order comes in to us, our Scheduler generates a date, that's put into this data set. Then, tomorrow it will recalculate that shipping date. I want to show all the orders on our system, and what their predicted shipping dates were over the period of time.

If I Sort by Order ID, then by Calc ID, i get a broken line, which is how i thought it would look, but there's only one line. There should be lots of lines on the graph, some small with two data points, some really long with many data points.

Does what I'm saying make sense in the first place? Is it possible to show all of these extra lines, without breaking that data set into smaller data sets to put each order on as a new Data Series?

Thanks,

H

This topic is 3615 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.