Make text appear on bottom of last page

michele

This topic is 3593 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Thank you in advance for helping me out.  I need a text (calculation field, text only appears when it's on the last page of the document - size of text varies from 1 line up to 15 lines) to appear on the bottom of the last page of my printed document.

I've been testing with the different parts:

- footer: seems to be the correct part but the footer part won't slide, even if my field does, so I have this open space in the footer of all the other pages.  I also have a fix text address line in the footer.  I looked for a way to make the footer part slide but even though Filemaker's documentation mentions the sliding of parts I can't figure out how to make the footer part slide.

- Trailing grand summary: would be fine but the field doesn't appear at the bottom of the document

Anybody out there with a solution?

Wrap your calculation in a Case statement:

Case(

Get(RecordNumber) = Get(FoundCount); <<yourCalculation>>;

""

)

Place the calculation field at the bottom of the Body. Size it for the maximum anticipated height of the enclosed text and set it to slide up, and check the "Also resize enclosing part" box.  Note that the sliding will only show in Preview mode and your printed output.

Wrap your calculation in a Case statement:

Case(

Get(RecordNumber) = Get(FoundCount); <<yourCalculation>>;

""

)

Place the calculation field at the bottom of the Body. Size it for the maximum anticipated height of the enclosed text and set it to slide up, and check the "Also resize enclosing part" box.  Note that the sliding will only show in Preview mode and your printed output.

Sorry Doughemi but that doesn't work. Thank you for the calculation, I already had a similar calculation so that it only shows on the last page. 

The trouble is that the field slides up, it should show at the bottom of the last page.

Anybody a solution?

There is no good solution for this that I know of. Years ago, Ray Cologon worked out an elaborate method of calculating the number of returns required to push the text towards the bottom of the page, but it may have depended on having a fixed number of records per page - I don't remember that well. How much time/effort are you prepared to spend on this?

--

P.S. Please update your profile to reflect your version and OS.

Thank you for your answer comment.  For this solution I'm working on pc (I updated my profile as you requested) and I'm willing to spend time and effort :-)

If this is the only solution I think I can figure a solution myself.  Just wanted to make sure I didn't overlook a feature that existed.

Yet, if you have the solution worked out, I'd love to hear about it.

Yet, if you have the solution worked out, I'd love to hear about it.

it's not something I worked out, just an idea: start by checking how many pages you have. Add as many returns to the calculation as possible without increasing the page count. A better way to put it might be: add exactly the number of returns required to increase the page count by 1, then take one return off. I believe the most efficient way to do this is by working with powers of 2.

This topic is 3593 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.