Display theme in Manage Layouts

This topic is 3585 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I know this is lower priority than some of the other wishes but I can't help but just mention it ...

If we go to Manage > Themes, we see a list of themes loaded in this file and it also indicates how many layouts are assigned to that theme.  But it would be nice if we knew which layouts were assigned to a theme and even had the ability to ... yeah I know ... probably never ... but to GTRR (so-to-speak) to those layouts or see a list of them at least.  Manage > Layouts certainly has room to list its theme along with the table and menu set.  If nothing else, this would make life easier for us.

When a solution has 150 layouts, it can take quite a bit of time to go through them all to find the few layouts assigned to a theme needlessly.  And each theme (even themes unused), load all definitions and take up quite a bit of space.

For instance, a recent example - file had 13 themes but on 3 were used.  By converting them all to the single theme, I saved 1.7MB right off the top and it took 15 minutes.  So a way to quickly jump to layouts according to their theme would be helpful.

Or ... am I missing something here?  Are there ways of seeing  a list of layout names per theme?

Thanks everyone for listening and hopefully providing a solution of which I was unaware.  Otherwise I'll provide FileMaker feedback about it.   :laugh2:

Also, there is a Custom Themes forum for FM12 but there isn't one for FM13.  It might be nice to remove the 'FM12' portion from the forum title so we can put FM13 questions there as well ... or ... create another forum for Custom Themes in FM13.  I prefer the former.  

Thank you!!

• Like 4

Yes, LaRetta.  Let 'em know that we all—all 3 of us, so far—think these are great ideas.  I especially would like to be able to see each layout's theme listed in Manage Layouts; it's been on my wish list for a while.  To your list, I'll add that it would be nice to be able to assign a theme right in the New Layout dialog.

Mark

P.S.  Your new avatar tells me that you've been out in the sun too long without your sunblock!  Do I really have to warn you about that?

Hi LaRetta,

I like your idea.  

Also, there is a Custom Themes forum for FM12 but there isn't one for FM13.  It might be nice to remove the 'FM12' portion from the forum title so we can put FM13 questions there as well ... or ... create another forum for Custom Themes in FM13.  I prefer the former.  

FYI, The topics haven’t been moved to their final distention, and this will be address at that time.

I’m not sure when that will take place, it’s something that Stephan has to work into his busy schedule.

Lee

Thanks, Lee!  I appreciate the time you and Stephen devote to this forum :-)

Your new avatar tells me that you've been out in the sun too long without your sunblock!  Do I really have to warn you about that?

Oh,  my skin is far too sensitive for sun block.  And I have trouble keeping hats on  - I do not know why.    :crazy2:

This topic is 3585 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.