Server returned error "-2.1"

This topic is 3552 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

FM EasySync,

After fixing some of the other issues I ran into, I am now meeting error "-2.1" when trying to "sync with server". This happens during the push function, and while I've tried enabling debugging on certain scripts, it always happens right after the segment creation on the client side to send to the server. SOME of the records get sent to SOME of the tables, but not all.

The full message is as follows: The attempt to push data to the server has failed. (The message received from the server was "-2.1")

Any help would be appreciated!

The -2.1 error is being thrown by the "Process Payload from Client" script (in the hosted database). It indicates that the server did not receive the first payload segment. That will happen when there is a communication error between the mobile device and the server, but it is very uncommon, and I think in a previous post you mentioned that you are running the hosted database locally.

It could also be a memory-related issue. You might want to try reducing the size of the payload segment that get pushed to the server. To do that, set the $$max_push_segment_size variable, located in the mobile database, in the "EasySync Settings" script. 

-- Tim

This topic is 3552 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.