Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Filemaker database file wont open

This topic is 3568 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

hi sir good day,

im new here in the furom. i have a problem with my database file.

i dont know if my database is corrupted or damage but if i open the file an error poping out "the file <databasefilename>.fp7 could not be opened becuase it needs to be converted to this version of filemaker Pro". but before the error appear i can open the database file with filemaker pro 11 or 11 advance, and the file was created with the same version of filemaker. i already tried to recover the file using the filemaker recovery process. the file was recoverd and i can opened the database but the recovered file or database have 0 records and still 10gb file size.

could anayone help me with this problem.

sorry for the poor english.

yes sir i have a back up, but even the back up file is the same.

i suspected that the database was partialy damaged. coz i have daily schedule back up and all of them have the same problem.

but i have a back up that works, my option is to import the records to the database thats working but my problem is the recovered database was empty or 0 records.

the recovery reported was succesfull. and it takes me 3 -4 hours to recover the database.

is there any way i could do to recover the records of the database. i know the database have a records coz the file size is still 10gb after recovery.

thank you for the reply

This topic is 3568 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.