Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Send Email via Client (Outlook)

Courtney

This topic is 3571 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We recently upgraded to FM 12 from FM 11, and 3 scripts I have that send emails via client are causing problems for users. Originally, this problem was reported to me as "FileMaker freezes up", but when I tested it, I found that what actually freezes is just the mouse. I can use the keyboard to send the email, and then all functions return to normal. My email populates all data correctly, so it's just a matter of whether the user needs to add additional text to the bottom of his email and then having him understand that he can send the email without using his mouse. Users are on Windows Vista at this time, but we're beginning an upgrade to Windows 7 this week, which will populate across all users in about six weeks total time.

I'm just wondering if there is a known conflict with FM 12 and either Windows Vista or Outlook (Office 2010), or if there would be a way to fix this that would be easier than explaining to ~100 users that it really is possible to use their computer without their mouse. :)

Thanks!

~Courtney

I have not heard of that particular issue, but I have heard of issues with Outlook integration with FileMaker. I wish I had the source on hard, but sadly I do not. It had to do with Outlook 64 bit version having trouble integrating with FileMaker. I would check to see if you are using 64 bit and try using a trial of 32 bit and if that resolves your issue.

Hope this helps

-JohnAustin

This topic is 3571 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.