Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Pull does not seem to bring down any changes made on hosted file

This topic is 3573 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Just started looking at the EasySync mechanism and am familiarising myself with the FM_Survey files using the Mobile file on my desktop with the Hosted file on FM Server

I modified a piece of information in the mobile file, clicked on the sync button and it successfully pushed the change to the hosted file

I then modified a piece of information in the Hosted file and then ran the sync from the Mobile file but the data did not get pulled to the Mobile

For clarity:

FM_Survey_Hosted is hosted on FM Server

FM_Survey_Mobile is stand alone on my desktop

I made both sets of changes to the data from my MacBook opening 'Mobile' from the desktop and 'Hosted' from the Remote host

Using FileMaker Pro Advanced 13.0v3

Have I forgotten to do something or is there something that I need to be aware of - maybe Persistent ID conflict or similar ?

Apologies for the doh question :-)

Cheers

Harry

Harry --

Good question!

I believe the problem that you are running into is the result of editing the records in the hosted file using the same machine with which you are running the mobile file. To avoid "round tripping," EasySync only sends to the mobile device records that have been added or updated since the last time the mobile device did a pull, and only those records that the mobile user didn't just push to the server.

You might want to try editing a few records in the hosted file with another machine, and then try syncing. I think you'll see the new and updated records sync properly.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-- Tim

Thanks for the quick reply, Tim

I'll try this first thing in the morning and let you know

I sort of thought that this may be a same machine conflict and feel confident that you have hit the nail on the head :-)

Thanks in advance

Harry

Hi Tim

You were correct about the conflict regarding 'where' data is entered or edited from

As soon as I used another machine the 'pull' happened

Thanks and will continue testing and hopefully offer some ideas soon

Cheers

Harry

This topic is 3573 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.