Exporting Help

This topic is 3577 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Yesterday I created a field with a drop box and I chose the wrong type of value list name and I changed it to the correct one today.  Is there any way to change yesterdays records to reflect the format I want the data to be outputted in today?  Yesterday if the check box was selected, the export coded "Transferred" and today I want the export to code those "yes"

Hopefully someone can help!

First of all, you need to edit your profile and remove Certification: 7 as this is a contraction to being a novice. (here is a quick link for you) MY PROFILE

If I’m understanding you correctly, you choose a Drop-Down List for your field?  (verse Exit box, Popup Menu, Checkbox set, Radio Button set, Drop-down calendar)

If you mean Drop-Down List, you can choose a field to base the list on, or hard code the list into the value list by going to  Manage > Value List..

The name of your value list has nothing to do with your data, it is just a name you gave the list so that you could reference it. Changing its name in the Manage Value List should not have any effect on the data in the field as FileMaker knows that has a new name.

Are you saying that the data disappeared?

Lee

p.s.

Attach a copy of your file as it will speed things, plus we will be giving answers about the fields, value lists, scripts, fields, etc so you can follow the replies easier.

Edited by Lee Smith
p.s.

Another question, are you saying that all the exported records contain the word "Transferred" in the field, and now you want to change it to yes?  If so:

1. Create a found set of records with "Transferred" in the field

2. Change one record to "Yes".

3. Use 'Replace Field Contents'.  If "Yes" isn't selected as the first option, use ...Calculated result radio button and type in Yes.

This will replace all fields in you found set of records with "Yes".

If you're nervous, try it on a back up copy first.

• Newbies

No I selected Checkbox set.  The values in the Checkbox set were previously different values (Transferred/Scheduled) instead of what I changed them to (Yes/No).  When I export my data, the files that were clicked when the Checkbox set was listed as Transferred and I need them to list as Yes, like the new data that was entered today.  Is there a way to do this?

Steve- I'm new, where do I create a found set of records?

This topic is 3577 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.