Plugin Hangs on Register Script Step on FileMaker 13 Server

This topic is 3389 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Having trouble registering FTPeek on a new windows server that we are upgrading to.  Interestingly, it was working fine on our old FileMaker 12 server, but can't get it to register on the new FileMaker 13 server. 

If I use a filemaker client and run the script it registers fine and reports back:

360Works FTPeek v1.642
Major Version: 1
Type: Enterprise License

On the server it loads and enables the plugin, but when I try to run that same script it hangs on the register script step (I played around with where I put an exit script step and am sure it is on that one script step).  It never finishes that script step and the routine just sits there and runs forever.   Have tried rebooting the server, and restarting the script engine.  Also played around with different Java versions, and can't seem to get it working. 

Current configuration is: 

FTPeek 1.642

FileMaker Server 13.03

Window 2008 Server

Java update 51 (64 bit)

Java update 67 (32 bit)  - note I also tried the 32 bit version of Java Update 51 which had the same behavior before I upgraded to the latest version to see if that would work.

Any ideas of what else I can try?  I am sure I have the plugin installed and running in the right spot and I can see in the logs that the plugin is enabled on the server. 

--Matt

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This was a known issue with our plugins in FMS 13 on Windows Server 2012 that is fixed in the new versions released yesterday. In FTPeek's case, I'm referring to version 1.66. I never saw this error pop up on Windows Server 2008, but I imagine the new version might help in that case as well. Do note that this new version does still require a 32 bit version of Java. Try the new version and let us know how that works for you!

This topic is 3389 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.