Server Maintenance This Week. ×

HTTP Status 404-/Streaming/MainDB/FM.....

This topic is 3551 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am running filemaker server advanced ver 12.0.1.178 on a server running server 2012 standard.

This morning the main database crashed and it recovered. But, I have two databases that have container fields. The data is stored as a file and not as a reference. when looking at the container field from the filemaker client the container field does not display the pdf instead it displays a http status 404/Streaming/MainDB/Fm....pdf instead. I can export the container field and the document is exported correctly. I just do not understand why the container field is not displaying an image of the pdf file. It has been running fine for around 18 months.

I can view the server through a web portal so port 16000 is open i verified by telnet into the server on that port.

I can drag and drop files into the container field and I can see them as I did before but I cannot see any of my prior imported files.

It seems like the folder location has changed if i place the file into the /streaming/MainDB/ folder i can see it. But, all of the other docs are stored in another location DataDatabasesRC_Data_FMSpst_incoming_faxFilespst_incoming_faxSecure.

It appears that if the files are imported as anything but pdf it works but, if it is pdf I get the http status 404 error.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

It seems like the folder location has changed if i place the file into the /streaming/MainDB/ folder i can see it. But, all of the other docs are stored in another location DataDatabasesRC_Data_FMSpst_incoming_faxFilespst_incoming_faxSecure.

That RC_Data_FMS is still the real location of the file so don't change anything when it comes to locations.

Under File > Manage > Containers > Thumbnails tab

do you have "permanent storage" turned on for thumbnails?  If so turn it off and let FMS regenerate the thumbnails.

This topic is 3551 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.