Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Importing to related tables

This topic is 3001 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All

I am still considering myself a newbie and my query may have been dealt with before.

I have a database which has a portal displaying records from a related table. I have exported all the records in this table as an Excel spreadsheet but, as a test on importing records into a clone of my database, I find that the Import Field Mapping dialog box where you match source fields from the Excel spreadsheet with the target fields in the Filemaker database, related tables are greyed out.

Does this mean that I cannot import to records from the Excel spreadsheet to the records in the related table in the portal?

Frank

Hi

Repeated the trial again, but tried first importing records to the relatd table first. Did not work - related tables still greyed out. So it seems that while you cannot export records from a related table, you cannot import to them.

Frank

You can import into any table - but only one table at a time. If you are doing the import manually, then that table is the table of the current layout (or a new table, if you so choose). If you are scripting the import, then you can select any table as the target table for the import.

• 1 year later...

This topic is 3001 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.