Server Maintenance This Week. ×

can't connect to Admin Console

This topic is 3551 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I've been logging in with FileMaker Server 11 Admin Console on a remote server for 3 years using http://[server name&location]:16000/ 

About a month ago I got this error message when trying to access the Admin Console.

"Application Blocked by Security Settings

Your security settings have blocked an application signed with an expired or not-yet valid certificate from running." 

I tried accessing the Admin Console from 3 different computers, but couldn't get to the login page.

Our tech folks here are very good, but don't know much about FileMaker and haven't been able to figure out the problem. They tried disabling the firewall, checking the certificate, ports etc. but to no avail. Has anyone encountered this problem?

I should add I can access the files on the server just not the Admin Console. It is on and running.

• Newbies

Thanks, We did some checking on certificates.

I now just found on the FileMaker website this URL:

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11413/~/list-of-supported-ssl-certificate-vendors-and-ssl-certificate-types-for

which discusses certificates for FileMaker applications. I passed the URL along to our tech folks hoping they know what to do about it. It is a little beyond my knowledge base. 

Also see if your Java is blocking the Admin Console, you need to add an exeption to your Java security settings to allow Admin Console IP, than it will most likely work.

• Newbies

That worked!!! And it was such a simple solution! I know just enough about computer stuff that I know I don't know nearly enough. 

Thank you so much! I'm glad to be back up and managing the databases we have on the FileMaker server.

This topic is 3551 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.