Problem with full Synchronisation

This topic is 3534 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi Tim and the rest of the team,

at first I also want to thank you for making EasySync available to the community!

I have a problem since the last friday with the synchronisation. After I ran a succesfull and complete synchronisation without any trouble, i changed the names of my tables to "ES_PUSH_Tablename". Now i have the problem, that only the last added record of a table-dataset synchronizes.

For example, i have a table "CAR" witch has a relationship with a "CAR_error"-table. If i add a new car with more than one failure and push this records to the server, i will only see the last added failure of the "CAR_error"-table. The same problem occurs, if I add more than one car to the "CAR"-table since the last synchronisation.

Do you have an idea why this wont work any more? I already changed the table names back to "ES_Tablename"; and of course i tried to set up EasySync completly new, but it wont work any more.

What could i do?

Best regards,
Marius

Marius --

It sounds like the ES_Last_Push_UTC_Time (global in the EasySync table) and/or ES_UTC_Time values (in the tables you are trying to sync) aren't set correctly. I would first try to reset ES_Last_Push_UTC_Time and do a sync.

Hope this helps.

-- Tim

• Newbies

i tried your solution proposal, but unfortunately it won't work. So i setup the complete database again. I have only the FM Pro version, so i have to copy all the fields from the EasySync table step by step. Hopefully everything was right, so that their isn't a bug inside the table template. Please see at first the relationship of the databases in the attached file. I added some new tables, and I also have a few new requirements: I want to push two of the six tables, sync two tables completly and only want to push the last two tables.

Pushing the information from the the mobile version (running on the PC) to the server will work without a problem (server and pc is the same system). But the pull still won't work. I activated the feedback messages in the EasySync Settings and get the follwing notices out of the system:

If i add a new dataset to the "Dauerlauf" table and also add for example three new datasets of "Dauerlauf_neuerFehler", i get at first the follwing message after clicking "yes" ("do you really want to sync with the server?") :

"Local data has successfully pushed to the server".

then, "there was no data that needed to be pulled from the server" (but i added a new driver with name and family name!?)

and at least I get the error message "the sync check's call to the server has failed."

If i enter the database (or hosted) version again, i have the new dataset in "Dauerlauf" and "Dauerlauf_neuerFehler". So this work without any troubles. But if i check the mobile version again, i can't see the new added driver. At first i thought this is because of the security restructions. But i already changed the rules and give the guest account admin-rights, so whats the problem here?

Do you have any ideas? Or can i only use push OR pull OR complete synchronisation and not a mixture out of all?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Marius

post-111754-0-55318700-1408533003_thumb.

Marius --

It sounds as though you are running the mobile and hosted database on the same PC. As a result, any changes that you make to the hosted database will not be pulled down to the server.

Try doing a sync from a second PC and see if that helps.

-- Tim

• Newbies

Hello, 

I'be been testing between the mobile FileMakerGo file on the iPad, and the server hosted file running in FileMaker 13 (so two different machines):

• New records created on the iPad are syncing to the hosted file, but not vice-versa.

• However if multiple records are added on the iPad, only the last record is added to the server hosted file when I sync.

Question:

What Sharing settings in the files are appropriate?

I am wondering if our company firewall is involved in some way?

Hope everyone is AOK...thanks for any insights!

This topic is 3534 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.