Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Turning off field refresh after leaving the field in WD

This topic is 3365 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I do not know if anyone else is faced with this.  But some of my WebDirect users are using very low bandwidth to access the application.  When I say low bandwidth I mean the best they can get is 9600 baud or 2G or are using VSAT with high latency.   This results in the application (a 20 field layout) is all but unusual, with delays between leaving a field and entering the next of around 5 seconds sometimes.

How do I turn off this updating feature and go back to more of a IWP way of doing things? aka submit page when I am done editing. Is this a setting on the server?  If so, where is it?

My clients that use FM13 clients on their computers with higher bandwidth like the application, but that leaves about 40% of my audience out in the cold. 

• 5 months later...

This is one of the reason why I couldn't migrate to FileMaker 13 until now. WebDirect is so slow. 

I now have a Mac Pro 2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5, 64GB 1866 MHz DDR ECC, 1TB SSD with 5.0 GT/s and have 20/20 Fiber Internet. And it still lag when tabbing to the next field. 

When you press tab and start typing, whatever you're typing will show to the current field and then after few seconds will tab to the next field. Very annoying.

This topic is 3365 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.