RegisterGroovy() Run On FMS 13 Causes Script Engine To Run Amok

This topic is 3536 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We've trying to migrate from FileMaker Server 12 hosted on a Windows 2008 Server to a Windows Server 2012 R2 running FileMaker Server 13, and we're experiencing strange behavior when we call the RegisterGroovy() function on a server side script (on schedule). We've been doing this for about 2 years on the 2008 server without a problem.

Here's what happens:

1. A scheduled script runs fine up till the point when we set a variable to RegisterGroovy()
  2. When it gets to that point it hangs for about 2 minutes and then the FMS log is written to with the following: Client "Module Push Or Delete (FileMaker Script)" no longer responding; connection closed. (51) 
  3. Then the script starts over again from the beginning and this cycle continues until I stop FileMaker Script Engine via command line. If we don't do this the script runs indefinitely. We've confirmed this by watching values change in a field set by the script.

The weirdest part that seems to defy logic is step 3 above, in which the script is called over and over in a never ending cycle.

1. First, the script does not have a loop in it
  2. Second, the schedule timeout we've set at 10 minutes is ignored
  3. Third, I get the same result when I have the schedule disabled and I trigger the script manually via admin console (so I know it's not the schedule kicking in in it's once-a-minute cycle)

We've verified via the admin console that the Scriptmaster 64 bit plugin that FMS 13 requires has loaded. We've also verified that the script runs fine on that same machine when we trigger it with FileMaker Pro Advanced 13 (using the 32 bit plugin, of course).

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I don't have an answer for you, but can verify your issue, I'm running into this too. I can also tell you that last month, it worked fine, so something that recently got upgraded is causing this. Oh, also, FileMaker doesn't officially support 2012 R2, so not sure we can get any help from there.

Hi Mark,

I know that 2012 R2 isn't supported by FileMaker, and that's why I'm doing testing on it before I decide to migrate to it (or not). Unfortunately, my client's IT will only spin up the R2 Standard version of 2012 server. All else seems to work very well except server side scripts. I found a post on FMExperts in which someone else reports having a problem with server side scripts on 2012 R2.

Thanks for your reply,

-Kent

This topic is 3536 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.