Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Drop down list dependant on another drop down

mleiser

This topic is 3521 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi. I need the following. Say I have separate classes, like 9th grade, 10th grade, etc. In each class you have those students in a class. For each student you have the subjects they are taking. Something like that. If I want to click on the class drop down first (say I pick 9th grade) and the next drop down list should be the students in that class (not all the students). I click on a student and the next drop down has that students courses. I click on that and get that course to pop up on the screen.

Something like this for giving new courses to a student in a particular grade as well. Click on grade, click on student in the grade and THEN click on all courses out of a list for that grade that that student is going to take.

Basically, I need sublists I guess baqsed on another field that was chosen? Any of this make sense?

That is called a “Conditional Value List” Do this google search "site: fmforums.com Conditional value list” and you should find more than enough information of this subject.

If not, let us know and I can send you a few links to files and videos.

Lee

This topic is 3521 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.